JOB SUMMARY: The Land Development Estimator PM will be responsible for aiding in the preparation of quantity takeoffs, preliminary budgets, RFP's and interacting with contractors estimating departments. Candidate needs to understand heavy-civil engineering and be able read heavy-civil blue prints without training. There will be some opportunities for municipal & contractor interaction as a representative of KB. Candidate must be proficient in various computer programs (Excel, Word, estimating software)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Cost Management:
- Prepare detailed take offs from heavy-civil plans, prepare cost estimates and initial budgets for projects that account for all scopes of work needed to complete job.
- Evaluating Plans and making value engineering recommendations.
- Prepare bid scopes, RFP's and quantity sheets and circulate to contractors for bidding.
- Prepare Bid Spreads and Bid Analysis to assist in award of projects.
- Review and update all project budgets weekly/monthly as needed to keep accounting system current and accurate.
- Prepare corporate bond submittal package for Project bonding.
- Follow-up with municipal agencies to obtain final sign-off letters for bond exoneration and participate in bond exoneration meetings as necessary.
- Prepare/process vendor work agreements, RFI's, changed conditions, and facilitate vendor invoice payment.
- Assist managing consultants performing civil design, joint trench design, landscape design, SWPP design, soils reports, plot plans.
- Review, verify and report Contracotr progress in field.
- Verification and reporting of site conditions and Contracotr conditions, equipment and manpower.
- Assist in preparation of budget updates, cash flows and projections for business plan.
- College Degree preferred.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering & Management is ideal.
- 5 years' experience in estimating and managing heavy-civil projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented with good follow-up and follow-thru skills.
- Must be familiar with blueprints, grading plans, improvement plans, landscape plans etc.
- Competently perform take-offs and prepare accurate budgets for heavy-civil work with infrequent supervision.
- Strong understanding of heavy-civil means and methods to accomplish construction of heavy-civil projects.
- Strong ability to identify risks in heavy-civil work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be accountable in a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized and manages priorities in an efficient manner.
- Possess strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Mandatory to be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Microsoft Project Scheduling.