Villara Corporation offers a wide range of building services from heating and cooling to solar installations for residential and commercial properties in Northern and Central California. We are currently recruiting for several Base Fabricators at our McClellan facility. There are day and swing shifts available.
The purpose of this position is to build architectural sheet metal products in manufacturing reaching identified productivity, reliability, quality and safety targets in a team environment. Expected to be results oriented and accountable for all aspects of meeting our customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assemble products with supervision per process details specified by our customers. This may involve using simple hand tools as well as more complex equipment such as CNC press brakes and spot welders.
• The ability to read a tape measure and perform basic math functions is essential.
• Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, use fine finger movement (manual dexterity) and handle large and small objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull and reach above shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry/lift up to 50 pounds.
• Environmental: on the job the employee may encounter temperature variations (cold/hot/climate changes), chemical agents and have contact with water/liquids. Moderate to loud noise level is typical for the work environment for this job.
• Comply with all safety recommendations and requirements.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
• Partner and assist in the implementation of continuous improvement, quality and overall process and product development. Identify at least two opportunities for continuous process and quality improvement per year. Work with area lead to accomplish these ideas.
• Follow procedures to ensure products meet quality standards.
• Obtain beginner level in part identification and application (how it’s used).
• Treat all team members, customers and internal / external suppliers with dignity and respect.
• Assist in the implementation of new products, processes, standardized procedures, work instruction and training.
• Obtain minimum productivity measurements that are defined by your team lead
• Must be willing to move to different departments and adapt to their processes
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (What is required to perform the Essential Functions)
• Less than high school education or up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic mathematical skills. (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
• Must be able to read/comprehend, write, communicate orally and reason and analyze information.
• Soldering and hand tool experience is preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills