Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for stormwater compliance for the local business unit, including periodic reviews, implementing controls and training management and associates. Essential duties and responsibilities will include the following.
- Ensure all employees who directly supervise or assist in the supervision of construction activities meet the corporate policy related to stormwater training.
- Oversee development and implementation of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Prepare and implement training program for Land Development Managers and Community Construction Managers on Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Work closely with Land Development team to ensure stormwater compliance on all active land development projects.
- Whenever a regulatory inspection occurs, including EPA, state and/or local, and there are identified non-compliances, an inspection shall be conducted within 24 hours by a qualified Stormwater Compliance Representative other than the representative from the designated site.
- Supervise all storm water work at communities within the Division.
- Ensure all employees and trade partners comply with stormwater requirements.
- Ensure that all SWPPPs and maps are created, certified (if required) and delivered to designated site.
- Conduct monthly Compliance Inspections of all project sites within Division.
- Prepare the Quarterly Compliance Review Report no later than 7 days after the Quarterly Compliance Inspection.
- Work with Purchasing and/or Land Development Department to ensure the required stormwater contract language is included in all contracts and bids.
- Notify applicable governmental agency for any discharge violations due to a major storm event as required by the applicable permit.
- Notify applicable governmental agency due to a hazardous materials discharge.
- Improve overall Safety awareness and knowledge within the organization.
- Manage overall Safety and Stormwater programs for the Division.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in either Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Planning or equivalent from four-year college or university. 5 years of stormwater, construction management or land development experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver’s license.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is a well-respected publicly traded company. At K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, we are committed to our people and provide an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits—including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan. To learn more about us, visit www.khov.com/careers.