The Estimator will be responsible for generating quantity take-offs, cost estimates and to create pricing and proposals in support of the Company's sales activities. Must be able to work quickly and accurately in a high-pace environment where priorities change rapidly.
Key elements for this position:
- Take Reviews and analyzes RFP/RFQ specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and customer requirements.
- Performs material and labor quantity take-offs.
- Assembles cost estimates, proposals, requests for information (RFIs), change orders and other documentation required for complete and accurate bids.
- Works with sales staff to provide valuable solutions to the Company's builder customers.
What we need from you:
- College degree in a business or construction-related field preferred.
- 5 years of construction industry and building materials experience.
- Bilingual – English & Spanish, a plus
- Prior experience with the flooring, countertop and/or wall tile trades a plus.
- Prior experience with RFMS and Measure is a plus.
- High Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, dimensions, details and specifications.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel, along with the ability to quickly learn how to use new software packages.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with missing information.
- Able to work quickly and accurately with great attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding of the flooring, countertop and wall tile products, services and industry practices.
- Must provide a clean Department of Motor Vehicle Report.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; no travel is expected for this position.