The primary responsibility of an Tile Setter is to perform installations on walls, counters, and floors to reach a journeyman level. Working from an entry level position to a journeyman level requires that one gains the knowledge of and skillsets to prepare / install all types of tile and stone according to ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and TCNA (Tile Council of America) standards.
Key Elements for this position:
- Responsible to mix mortars and learn the techniques to prepare wall substrates using the lath & scratch method and float walls to within 1/4-inch in 10-feet.
- Responsible to mix mortars and learn float and slope shower pan receptors 1/4-inch per foot towards the drain.
- Gain the knowledge to perform layouts and how they should be be centered or designated on predominate walls.
- Responsible to learn how to prepare tile flooring substrates to within 1/4-inch in 10-feet.
- Lippage is a condition where one edge of a tile is higher than the adjacent tile, giving the finished surface an uneven appearance. An Apprentice must learn to set tiles with minimal lippage in accordance with ANSI - A137.1 specifications for ceramic tile.
- Responsible to gain the skillsets necessary to become a journeyman installer.
- Responsible for self inspecting all work upon completion to ensure all quality expectations have been met.
- Responsible for building and maintaining interpersonal relationships with coworkers and builder.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work professionally and follow instructions with a demonstrated capability to work in a team environment
- Bilingual a plus (English / Spanish)