Real Estate Capital Investors, Developer, and Builder – Next Generation Capital, LLC –
Gold River, California
Are you an accounting professional looking for the next step in your career and the opportunity to be a part of a growing team?
The Assistant Controller opportunity will support our growing operations. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a solid financial accounting foundation who is looking for their next step and to be a part of a great team.
Assistant Controller Job Duties
- Assist Controller with all accounting functions for the company including serving as back-up to Controller
- Assist Controller with month end and year end close items including reconciliations, journal entries and schedule preparation
- You will be in charge of all accounts payable functions including processing a bi-weekly check run (approximately 100 checks), invoice receiving, coding, and filing
- Initiate and maintain purchase orders and subcontractor payment requests
- Create and input accounting and project budgets into accounting software
- Process and track all lien releases to suppliers and contractors
- Track all supplier/subcontractor insurance and other third-party policies
- Coordinate bid request process including bid request and bid input
- Maintenance of accounting schedules including but not limited to G/L and Bank Reconciliation
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Assistant Controller – Must Have
- Prior experience in an accounting role with exposure to month-end close, year-end close, reconciliations, journal entries and financial statement preparation
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight (There may be times you are in the office alone. Must be comfortable with that and able to be self-directed.)
- Flexible, customer service oriented and ability to serve in a variety of functions as a team member
- Desire to grow and to take on new tasks over time
- Ability to use computer software at a proficient level (including MS Excel, Outlook, Box, Dropbox, and ERP systems)
- Responsible and accountable for your job duties
Assistant Controller – Like to Have
- Experience with construction, real estate or development in an accounting or related environment (including experience with job costing and coding)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
This position reports to the Corporate Controller. The position includes the medical benefits package of your choice (unlimited options!), 401k with match and a friendly, casual environment.
About the Company
The Company is an entrepreneurial and progressive organization. Founded in 2012 and rapidly expanding into new projects throughout the Sacramento marketplace in developing, construction and home rehabilitation.
Learn About Us!
Next Generation Capital invests, co-invests, and operates in the residential real estate sectors of California, Nevada, and Arizona.
Our core competencies include land development, homebuilding, and opportunistic value-added acquisitions.
Check out our projects here:
11211 Gold Country Boulevard, Suite 103
Gold River, CA 95670
2567 Business Parkway
Minden, NV 89423