Apply by July 15.
The North State Building Industry Foundation (NSBIF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide workforce development, community service, and meaningful industry research in support of and partnership with the homebuilding industry.
NSBIF is a closely held charitable arm of the North State Building Industry Association (NSBIA) and works in support of the needs of its member companies in addition to the communities of the greater Sacramento region.
NSBIF works with the construction industry employers and training organizations to
- Promote construction careers and employment opportunities to students, parents, educators, and people seeking meaningful well-paid work and career opportunities.
- Develop programs, curriculum, and certifications to increase the number of qualified entry level applicants;
- Match employers and qualified applicants and interns through a job placement portal, sponsoring/attending job fairs, and hosting matching events.
- Provide employability services to special populations including but not limited to at-risk youth ages 16-24, low-income individuals, veterans, ex-offenders, and unemployed people.
- The position is located at 1536 Eureka Road, Roseville, CA 95661
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the North State Building Industry Foundation to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, flyers and emails.
- Database management.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Help with event planning, and attend career fairs as directed.
- Conduct industry research as directed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of various computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe, and Google Docs required. Knowledge of InDesign, Canva, and CRM software preferred.
- Computer skills (NSBIF uses Apple computers)
- Social media skills – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Able to make sound decisions independently and set priorities
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to produce work with few to no mistakes
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Usual office-type environment
- Long periods of sitting and computer use
- Long periods of standing when attending career fairs
- Evenings or weekends may be required
- Driver’s license and automobile required