Villara is currently seeking a Systems Administrator II. He/she will be responsible for the overall health of the enterprise’s computing systems. You will be part of the implementation and support team accountable for new and existing technology to provide the best and most efficient user experience for Villara employees. The position will also require technical research and development, process improvement, and support of the long-term vision.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Implement and support enterprise computing systems and infrastructure such as; Virtualization, storage, security, communications, secure access, data recovery, anti-malware, etc.
- Implement and support secure computing access control to secure a Microsoft Windows based infrastructure
- Assist in supporting all networking infrastructure such as: Routers, switches, Wi-Fi and perimeter security systems*
- Improve company and departmental efficiency through the secure use of automated processes and tools
- Provide support for enterprise hardware and software solutions
- Assisting at all levels of support as needed
- Research and recommend purchasing of replacement hardware / software technologies.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of datacenter infrastructure and related systems.
- Monitor and provide timely reports on IT systems as assigned by the IT management team.
- Participate in Villara training programs as assigned by IT management.
- Provide training on IT related subject matter to Villara employees, as well as fellow IT members.
- Guide and train Villara employees on corporate IT policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Support IT management to achieve all IT goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Support all equipment and technologies that are supported by the IT Department or gets assigned to the IT Department.
- Occasional 24x7 support
- Some travel may be required (Bay Area)
To qualify, ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4 years’ enterprise System Administration experience or
- 2 years’ experience with MCSE certification or BSC degree.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to carry up to 60lbs