Villara is currently looking for a Production Manager who is a dynamic leader and who lives and breathes to engage, develop and advance our employees. The successful candidate will manage a team of fabrication technicians over two shifts and two sites as well as oversee the company’s fabrication research and development activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads the Production Team in all business processes
- Oversees all manufacturing activities
- Oversees all costing models for purchased vs. fabricated material
- Directly involved with new material research & development and oversee project management from conception through to material delivery
- Leads the team in achieving all Safety Goals
- Develops and maintains department budget
- Develops and maintains processes to ensure inventory accountability of raw materials.
- Reviews periodic inventories and develops plans to manage stranded materials.
- Interviews, trains and disciplines subordinate staff members.
To qualify, ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience managing a production operation (metal work experience a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of SAP/ERP and its use in Supply Chain operations.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Experience and Knowledge in Lean practices and protocol.