Villara is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable specialist who will assume primary responsibility for Villara’s business to business collections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Pursue strong relationships with Villara’s homebuilder and general contractor customers
- Initiate frequent telephone communication with key people at those customer to proactively identifying invoices that are at risk for not being paid timely
- Troubleshoot with the customer what issues may delay payment, and work collaboratively within Villara to resolve those issues and obtain timely payment.
- Constant telephone and email communication with customers and daily collaborations with other departments within Villara.
- Produces financial, statistical and narrative reporting for the management team, detailing the payment status of all customers, documenting responses from customers on any overdue payments, and tracking of mechanic lien rights expiration dates.
- If needed, prepare and arrange for recording of mechanics liens.
To qualify, ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Outstanding relationship skills with a strong ability to connect with others and gain trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective telephone communication
- Superb initiative, follow-through, trouble-shooting, and persistence
- 5+ years of construction Accounts Receivable/Collections experience, including filing mechanic liens, with a proven record of effectiveness in collecting amounts due
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel/Outlook/Word), excellent keyboarding speed accuracy, and good overall effectiveness with Microsoft Windows and Windows-based programs. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Effective attention to detail, multitasking ability, and strong organizational skills
- Customer service experience