Villara is currently seeking an ideal team player for the role of Accounting Manager, who will work closely with the Controller in leading the day-to-day financial and management accounting for Villara.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with Finance and Business Operations team members, company managers and supervisors, other office staff, Controller, and Chief Financial Officer that create and support an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the month-end and year-end closing process for the company to meet all financial reporting deadlines while assuring timely completion of all other department tasks and projects. Contribute significantly hands-on to the closing process. Resolve operational problems as needed.
- Oversee the preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reposting. Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Prepare complex financial analyses and communicate results effectively to both financial and non-financial leaders and managers.
- Work closely with CPA’s, banks, appraisers, and insurance companies to complete the company’s annual financial statement audit, collateral examinations, appraisals, and policy audits throughout the year.
- Assist Controller overseeing the preparation of payroll tax, sales/use tax and property tax returns.
- Take a lead role in providing support to company managers and supervisors on financial issues and questions.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the company’s accounting and financial reporting processes, increasing accuracy, quality, and ease of understanding, while reducing the cost and time to close.
To qualify, ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, including a minimum of 3 years in a senior accountant or accounting manager role.
- Proven effectiveness in financial and managerial accounting in a complex, fast-paced, dynamically growing, multi-site environment.
- Construction, manufacturing, and distribution experience are each strong pluses.
- Advanced level of Microsoft office required.
- Experience working with SAP preferred.