Director of Purchasing
Tim Lewis Communities is a homebuilder with more than 30 years of experience crafting homes of solid value and exceptional appeal for hundreds of satisfied homeowners.
The Director of Purchasing oversees and provides strategic leadership and management of the purchasing department, and is ultimately responsible for management of and relationships with trade partners.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and achieving the strategic and operating plans of the purchasing department.
- Directly manage, mentor, develop, and counsel Purchasing Department staff, including purchasing agents and options coordinator.
- Develops specifications for bidding purposes. Negotiates pricing and contract terms, ensuring contracts meet legal requirements.
- Reviews construction documents, plans, and specifications to identify and implement cost savings opportunities. Reviews, selects, and modifies options and upgrades offered at new communities based on input from Vendors, Sales & Marketing, and the Design Center.
- Oversees base house costs and all options.
- Through management of the purchasing department, sources and selects vendors for new projects as well as replacements for existing projects. Ensures vendors meet pre-qualification criteria. Develops and maintain relationships with vendors. Investigates and resolves conflicts between vendors and field staff.
- Directs department processes and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Provides updated reports to President regarding market trends, budget, project progression, recommendations to reduce costs, and drives value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost-effective product.
- Corporate reporting to include budget to actual, financial reporting, etc.
- Interacts regularly with Sales & Marketing, Construction, Accounting, and Land departments.
- Homebuilding industry experience required.
- Proficient in database management software, Excel, Word, and Outlook. BuildPro or Pharaoh experience is a plus. Software implementation experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Other duties as assigned.