Location: San Jose
Description: Villara is currently seeking a qualified candidate who will be responsible for overall project timing, coordination, budgets, staffing, material purchasing, project meetings, contract scope, price and plans. The overall budget goals for profit are managed by the Project Manager and directed through the Foreman and field personnel. The ideal candidates will meet the minimum qualifications listed below:
- Will be assigned key customers for business development.
- Provide direct support to the Apartment Field Foremen.
- Provide all aspects of Contractor support while controlling overall company liabilities.
- Participate in required meetings with Estimators to facilitate project turnover.
- Assist the Field Foremen in planning, organizing, projecting, COP and shop orders, and overall coordination.
- Maintain required contact with the General Contractor’s Project Manager and Contractor office to ensure project requirements are met.
- Ensure timely production of all project correspondence such as submittals, specs, plans, vendor quotes, contracts, and schedules for use by the field staff.
- Provide timely SAP reports including change orders, requests for information, billings, and project status, billings labor reports, and feedback to Foremen and Estimation.
- Ensure Field Foreman develops all required job documentation and maintains proper labor force levels (cost cards, daily job reports, as-builts, conversation confirmers).
- Development of project plans for projects including labor and costing budgets and schedules of values. Visit jobs on a regular basis and at least at month-end billing.
- Assist Estimating Department in conceptual budgeting brought in from your contacts with General Contractors on your jobs.
- Work closely with Service Departments on control systems and start-up to assure competitive scope, pricing, and timing.
- Promote a positive relationship with General Contractor and maintain close tabs on their future work.
- Requisition material in cooperation with the division purchaser for assigned projects
- Provide required documentation to facilitate turning the project over to the Project Foreman.
- Ensure accurate job take-offs and estimates.
- Ensure timely follow-up with all bids and contractors.
- For key accounts develop and implement sales strategy for each.
- Ensure timely production of all project correspondence such as estimates, proposals, follow-up information, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate month end reports including updates to all bid, billings, and project status forms.
- Assist in developing the strategies for bidding projects using the project control system.
- Communicate, in a timely manner, all required information for the project set up.
- Recognize potentials for value engineering and other strategies that may improve opportunity for advantages over the competition.
- Keep all bidding strategies confidential.
- 45-50 work hours per week.
- Travel as required
- Complete understanding of design & installation of duct work and mechanical systems
- A minimum of 5 years of HVAC project management experience
- 15 years in the trade desired
- Clean DMV record
Number of Openings
Who can apply?
High School Senior Summer Work Applicants
Driver's License Required
Benefits (please give details)
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, PTO, & Life Insurance