Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction.
- Assists in the coordination all on site construction with Builder supervision including daily interaction with Division departments and city inspectors.
- Inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
- Assists Builder in adjusting personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
- Ensures systems are up to date for each house so they can provide timely and accurate progress reports.
- Assists Builder with on-site trailer area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole, such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in construction related field/equivalent experience preferred.
- Three to five years of practical construction experience with portion of experience accumulated as subcontractor, but strong track record managing large projects as Builder must be shown.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Possess good judgement and common sense.
- Certified in first aid and CPR preferred.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of local codes and construction methods, construction material identification and use.
- Knowledge of all phases of new home construction and Federal, State and Company safety regulations; ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of job site safety.
- May have occasion to lift/carry and/or push/pull 50 pounds.
- May require travel to multiple construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
Number of Openings
Who can apply?
$60-80K, 20% bonus paid over 4 quarters
Driver's License Required