Responsible for being the liaison between Sales and Escrow in the preparation of final terms and related documents to ensure proper governance in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and timely close of escrows. Fast, frequent and accurate communication is critical within the department and between Sales associates, Field associates, Lenders and Title companies. The paperwork is substantial and must be processed, tracked and shared daily. Requires extensive time on the computer at one’s workstation and frequent email and telephone communication.
- Review closing files for accuracy and completeness using community checklists.
- Input escrow data in company accounting system.
- Review and process contract cancelations.
- Review and clear any changes in terms and conditions before close.
- Prepare builder documents for government loans.
- Assist in division communications with lenders or title companies.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of escrow tracker.
- File all paperwork in a timely manner to ensure ease of accessibility to other associates.
- Problem solve all escrow tracking and closing issues between all parties.
- Attend Escrow Closing meetings with Sales associates, Controller, and various office and field managers.
- Work seamlessly with all associates in the escrow department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of escrow experience required; homebuilding industry a plus
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license, may require occasional driving
- Current CA Real Estate license required
- JD Edwards and Salesforce experience a plus
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Current Notary Public a plus
- Accurate typing 60-70 wpm
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess a professional attitude to represent company in positive manner
- Requires the ability to work while functioning under the stress of problem solving and time sensitive deadlines
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.