Responsibilities: Assist the Safety Manager with all environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Enforce company policies & procedures
- Assist in the implementation, management, and monitoring of safety programs, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the investigation of injuries, accidents, spills, discharges, theft, vandalism, and property damages
- Develop reports with root cause analysis
- Assist with Environmental & Safety audits on remote project site stockpiles and crews
- Assist with Environmental & Safety audits on plants, office buildings, and storage facilities
- Assist in the environmental & safety training for supervisors & field employees
- Collaborate with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Coordinate safety and security programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Submit recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Stop operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Share environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with federal, state, and local regulatory agency staff.
- Knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports, permits, and training records.
- Must be able to stay composed in stressful situations and incidents
Education and Experience:
- At least 1 year of safety and/or security experience preferred.
- Training or certification in safety and security programs preferred.
- Preferred experience in fire service, law enforcement, or regulatory agency
Qualified employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO) from day one, Medical (Paid in full for employee in select plans), Dental, Vision, 401k, Pension, Life and AD&D, and Long Term