Responsibility includes estimating and engineering of projects both public and private agency. Prepare estimates with assistance from senior estimator and/or chief estimator and in some instances construction manager and submit for review. Coordinate project schedule and produce monthly progress reports. Maintain integrity of the projects assuring production and completion schedules are met. Individual responsibilities for the projects will increase as a person increases in their abilities. Direct supervision will decrease as the scope of their abilities increase.
- Pursue projects to bid.
- Execute quantity takeoffs (using takeoff systems i.e. Agtek).
- Prepare estimates (using software by HCSS).
- Compile and analyze subcontract quotes.
- Review estimates with senior estimators
- Submit prepared bids assuring accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare construction and subcontract Agreements.
- Arrange construction schedules.
- Coordinate project schedule into overall divisional schedule with Construction Manager.
- Schedule appropriate crewing, equipment, subcontractors, trucking and materials.
- Produce monthly progress billings and sub pay estimates.
- Follow up on collections.
- Review production status daily with crew foreman.
- Regulate components if necessary to insure production.
- Calendar well in advance to foresee any potential problems and make adjustments to avoid costly production delays.
- Maintain integrity with owners and agencies.
- Analyze progress consistently and compare to budget (estimate) to avoid overruns and costly delays.
- Familiar with team atmosphere work environment.
- Expected and accountable to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum five years in a construction environment. (As an apprentice this requirement will be fulfilled by educational experience.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs as they relate to engineering and estimating.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning in fast paced demanding working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferably in the civil engineering or construction management area; and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO) from day one, Medical (Paid in full for employee in select plans), Dental, Vision, 401k, Pension, Life and AD&D, and Long Term Disability