This position provides administrative support to the Sales & Marketing Department and the Managers, through a variety of related responsibilities. The position requires an ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines, good judgment and a professional, supportive attitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create correspondence or documents through Word Processing and Spreadsheet computer programs, copy and printed materials, handle correspondence, prepare reports.
- Support the New Home Consultants and the Director of Sales in day-to-day sales activities through collection and dissemination of information to community teams and division management.
- Arrange meetings, department activities, conferences and schedule appointments. Make all necessary travel and other reservations and arrangements as necessary.
- Prepare outgoing and internal correspondence independently from verbal instructions, drafts and/or dictation.
- Organize, maintain, distribute and update all department files.
- Support the day-to-day sales and/or marketing activities, including accurate coding for timely payment of invoices, assist with budget preparation and control, including data entry. Collection and dissemination of information to each New Home Community, monitoring traffic and sales information as necessary, providing analysis and reports as required.
- Assist in coordinating supply orders, office equipment and marketing materials.
- Assist in the start‑up of the Welcome Home Center for each New Home Community including the duplication of all disclosures and legal documents necessary for a sales release, the provision of all supplies including office machinery and equipment and the temporary additional staff scheduling. Coordinate catering and promotional vendors as required.
- Attend all New Home Community openings and functions as directed.
- Utilize the company’s systems, including but not limited to CRM.
- Prepare and distribute various reports for all communities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Additional Requirements:
- One (1) year of administrative assistant experience in homebuilding preferred
- High School diploma or GED required. College or Business school desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- Accurate typing 50-60 wpm
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining professional attitude. Must be able to adhere to fluctuating work schedules and varying work locations.
- Intermediate PC skills Microsoft Word, Excel, and JD Edwards system experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must possess professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess ability to handle priorities under pressure
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding company/associate information
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Team player
- Position may require working weekends.