ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to service calls to perform preventive maintenance and/or troubleshoots malfunctioning systems/equipment to determine the nature of the problem working directly with Homeowners.
- Prepares or coordinates sales quotes for replacements and coordinates installation scheduling.
- Completes all required documentation on services, explains guarantees/warranties and collects, records and delivers fees to the office.
- Installs, repairs, replaces or cleans refrigerant lines, fans, appliance vents, smoke detectors, humidifiers and grills, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all HVAC repairs and installations are accurate, serviceable and that materials used and workmanship meet the requirements of applicable technical/safety standards and regulatory codes. Makes any modification needed to ensure proper installation and air balance.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to prevent equipment failure by cleaning air handling systems and reheat coils, monitoring and calibrating air handling systems and replacing filters, motors, fans, belts, etc. on systems. Repairs, replaces and adjusts vents and duct work. May clean air ducts to maximize efficiency and improve indoor air quality.
- Assists in locating and diagnosing problems, assessing extent of repairs and describing options and associated costs to the customer. Provides a description of diagnosed problems to customer in thermostats can be understood with options, as possible.
- EPA Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Great communications skills required
- All candidates are required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Apply Today: https://www.ars.com/careers or call Patty Cardoza (408) 219-5222