JOB SUMMARY: The Land Development PM will be responsible for aiding in the preparation of quantity takeoffs, preliminary budgets, RFP’s and interacting with contractors estimating departments, bid spread assessment and recommendation, draft contracts, managing field work at the community development sites level including pre-construction meetings, coordination between project subcontractors and municipal and City agencies; SWPP implementation coordination, changed condition management. Candidate needs to understand heavy-civil engineering field methods and procedures and be able read heavy-civil blueprints without training. Candidate must be proficient in various computer programs (Excel, Word)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of department leadership will:
- Implement land development policies for the department to achieve desired results
- Manage land development projects in support of the divisions business plan
- Recommend process improvements, and implement final solutions to continually improve land development results
- Build strong relationships with internal departments e.g. Sales, Marketing, and Production and Purchasing
Project Cost Management:
- Prepare detailed take offs from heavy-civil plans, prepare cost estimates and initial budgets for projects that account for all scopes of work needed to complete job.
- Evaluating Plans and making value engineering recommendations.
- Prepare draft bid scopes, RFP’s, and quantity sheets.
- Prepare draft Bid Spreads and Bid Analysis to assist in award of projects.
- Review and update all project budgets weekly/monthly as needed to keep accounting system current and accurate.
- Assigned project tracking of bonds and path and schedule to exoneration
- Follow-up with municipal agencies to obtain final sign-off letters for bond exoneration and participate in bond exoneration meetings, as necessary.
- Prepare draft vendor work agreements, RFI’s, and changed conditions for review, and facilitate vendor invoice payment processing.
- Assist managing consultants performing civil design, joint trench design, landscape design, walls, SWPP design, soils reports, plot plans as necessary to keep the flow of work from disrupting community schedule.
- Review verify and report Contractor progress in field. Collect required weekly community reports and review for accuracy the same week they are to be received.
- Verification and reporting of site conditions and Contractor conditions to validate changed conditions
- Assist in preparation of budget updates, cash flows and projections for business plan.
- College Degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in estimating and managing heavy-civil projects at the field level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented with good follow-up and follow-thru skills.
- Must be familiar with blueprints, grading plans, improvement plans, landscape plans etc.
- Competently perform take-offs and prepare accurate budgets for heavy-civil work with infrequent supervision.
- Strong understanding of heavy-civil means and methods to accomplish construction of heavy-civil projects.
- Strong ability to identify risks in heavy-civil work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be accountable in a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized and manages priorities in an efficient manner.
- Possess strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Mandatory to be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Microsoft Project Scheduling.
- Willingness to travel and engage with community teams is mandatory