The Events Coordinator plays a large role in creating a positive impression of the organization to create memorable experiences for our members. The Event Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Member Services.
We are seeking a passionate and driven professional to act as a coordinator and liaison at meetings and events. The individual must care deeply about the level of interaction and the quality of the experience for our members. Key job duties include being responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating all events, managing vendors, overseeing budgets and interacting with members in a positive and professional manner.
The Events Coordinator should be outgoing and self-driven and must be comfortable engaging members in both group and one-on-one settings. The Events Coordinator participates in the strategic goals of the BIA, with particular focus on membership, events and other business development opportunities within the association. The position is responsible for collaborating with the Vice President in helping to streamline event management and membership opportunities that encourage growth of the membership.
- Responsible for working with the members of the Association, specifically - Associates Council and Sales & Marketing Council.
- Coordinate all event logistics in coordination with the Councils and/or Staff.
- Create, promote and implement sponsorships.
- Create graphic design of various event materials, including event flyers and social media promotions.
- Register event attendees and registration fees.
- Oversee and manage table assignments for certain events.
- Provide on-site management for all events – set up, during and post-event.
- Work in tandem with Vice President to review proposed budgets and goals.
- Monitor and reconcile budgets to determine if objectives are being met; take remedial action as necessary. Submit check requests in a timely manner.
- Work constructively with event partners and ensure that mutual agreements/contracts are strictly honored by both parties.
- Review all contracts for approval of Vice President and signature of the CEO.
- Prepare and send thank-you letters, as appropriate, to speakers, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Conduct site visits and meetings with vendors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Member Services.
- Meet with Vice President weekly.
- Exploration and implementation of business development opportunities that add value to the association.
- Additional duties as assigned and needed.
- Ability to multi-task and provide direction to event staff and volunteers.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Team player and leader.
- Efficient decision-making skills.
- Ability to work various hours as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful relationships with partners, members, volunteers and co-workers.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Teams and other technical programs, ie Zoom, Google Docs, etc.
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm and as needed at events
- Position requires occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Event Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Some College (Preferred)
APPLY directly by emailing Letter of Interest detailing your “Why” and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 29, 2021.