Mixer driver is responsible for loading and delivery of ready mix concrete and associated products in a safe and efficient manner to construction job sites within a 45 mile radius of the plant. The driver may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of ready mix concrete products: frequently lifts, carries and attaches onto flop chute extension chutes weighing in excess of 40 pounds.
- Vehicle maintenance: performs pre trip and post trip vehicle safety inspection and reports vehicle condition at the beginning and end of each shift with completion of inspection reports required daily.
- Checks all vehicle fluid levels daily and adds fluids if necessary.
- Takes customer order changes in the field.
- Successfully completes time cards.
- May occasionally drive other types of vehicles such as transfer trucks and bottoms dumps. (if qualified)
- Climb ladder to rinse hopper and check the slump of the load multiple times daily.
- Driver is required to keep his vehicle clean inside the cab, inside the drum, and the exterior of equipment using proper wash down procedures. Keeps outside of vehicle free of concrete build-up using corrosives and brushes at end of and throughout each shift.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested, including but not limited to sweeping, shoveling, and assisting other departments.
- Must follow company policy, procedures and supervisors instructions.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- The essential duties and responsibilities contained herein describe the scope of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must qualify under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- At least 21 years of age with no major violations (i.e. DUI, Reckless driving, excessive speeding, or hit and run) in the last three years.
- Hold a valid California commercial drivers license, class A or B with tanker endorsement.
HOW TO APPLY:
An application can be printed at www.livingstonsconcrete.com, and applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.