Summary of the Job:
Employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair, and troubleshooting work involved with electrical systems. Electrical work may be performed in many areas including residential and commercial wiring, heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, motors, solar, and power generation equipment. Work involves technical application of electrical principles. Certain criminal background history which may jeopardize the security or safety of fellow employees, the general public, owners, tenants or other responsible parties may prevent opportunity for employment.
Duties of the Job:
- Installs services, lighting fixtures, electrical panels, electrical conductors, boxes, and electrical devices.
- Operates power and hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
- Installs, repairs and services, specialized electrical systems, and equipment.
- Constructs and maintains service equipment.
- Reads electrical circuit diagrams.
- Requisitions material and supplies from warehouse, vendors, and distributors.
- Splices cable and conductors, terminations of conductors and does necessary hook-up of electrical devices and equipment.
- Lays underground conduit for electrical installations.
- May do other work incidental to electrical installations.
- Supervise and train other employees during a portion of the employee’s work time; duties include assigning and reviewing work.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures, low voltage wiring and devices and other electrical components. Such work may need to be performed inside private residences in presence of property owners or tenants or other responsible parties.
- Test electrical equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, electrical motors, generators, and electrical systems and components.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair electrical systems, components, and other related devices.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, generators, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of installations and/or repairs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- State Certified Electrician or recognized as a State Electrical Trainee.
- Requires current State or Federal documentation allowing them to work.
- Meets company's substance abuse testing requirements; as a safety sensitive person, may be subject to random substance abuse checks.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others.