The primary responsibility of the Project Manager (PM) is to supervise assigned projects from handoff to completion. This includes completing material takeoffs, production planning, managing the budget, ensuring schedules and deadlines are met, understanding the scope and contract parameters, safety, and acting as the main point of contact for the GC/Owner, Site Superintendent, LB Field Manager and/or Site Foreman, internal production team, and Division Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management · Attend handoff meeting to gather job specific information required to take full responsibility for the project and to start documenting concerns and RFI information.
- Review the contract to ensure a clear understanding of inclusions, exclusions, schedules, alternative options and budget, and that the LB proposal aligns with the contract documents.
- Notify purchasing department of preliminary equipment needs.
- Work with purchasing department to identify long lead items.
- Utilize division checklist tools to keep track of scope on the job.
- Act as point person for GC/Owner and Field Manager/Site Foreman.
- Make initial contact via email to GC to get contract schedule, jobsite contact information, verify plan dates, billing dates, submittal process, site safety manager contact information, and any other critical information.
- Meet GC at jobsite and review phasing, sequencing, timing, access, material & equipment staging laydown area, and site safety requirements.
- Understand site specific safety plan and ensure the safety program is being administered and followed.
- Review all project documents with Project Engineer(PE) to understand the scope and any inclusions and exclusions on the job as well as any special items such as LEED, DSA, Prevailing Wage, etc.
- Regularly walk the projects to verify quality, cleanliness, and timelines of the work being performed.
- Complete all closeout processes and paperwork as needed.
- Complete all other necessary paperwork and functions as required.
- Read, understand, adhere to, and Lead by the companies Purpose, Personality, and Plan.
- Complete project committed cost reports and project billings.
- Complete project monthly estimate to complete (ETC’s) reporting.
- Write and follow up on Change orders, RFIs, and all other documentation as required.
- Create a re-forecasted budget post handoff for accounting, and keep it updated weekly.
- Develop traculator/production calendar and review weekly committed costs reports for each project.
- Meet with Senior PM on monthly basis regarding billing cycles and other financial metrics/functions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a proven track record of superior client satisfaction, jobsite safety, and project performance.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle, Insurable under the company’s vehicle policy.
- Ability to constructively participate in negotiations and dispute resolutions.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and perform material take-offs for purchasing.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage project budgets, RFIs, change orders, submittals, and correspondence.
- Ability to meet the requirements of productivity, quality, customer service, and safety.
- Ability to work independently, maintain accountability, and meet deadlines.
- Exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce, clients and customers.
- Ability to carry out assignments in a timely manner and work independently.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Working knowledge of industry building techniques and technology.
- Knowledge in construction accounting necessary to facilitate completing project requirements.
- Must have a proficient understanding of current practices, methods, and materials used in Rough Carpentry construction.
- Knowledge of building codes and of standards used in Rough Carpentry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Education and Experience:
High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management (or equivalent experience) experience preferred.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years experience in the field and/ or project management in Rough Carpentry.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time as expected in most office related positions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to navigate active jobsites. This includes being able to safely walk stairs, scaffold, and uneven ground, as well as duck and maneuver around obstacles.
- Requires to ability to drive a company vehicle for extended periods of time.