The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated solar projects to ensure that all contractual objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The OM oversees the operational pipeline for residential and commercial projects from contract to permission to operate and acts as a liaison for the Operations Department between sales, finance, and marketing. Ensure work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Villara staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and process. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
- Manages all projects to contractual requirements
- Develop the Operations Department, including influencing the hiring, maintenance, and corrective actions required for your team
- Primarily responsible for oversight of all projects to ensure optimal system performance, profit margin, and customer satisfaction
- Oversees Project Coordinator to ensure Master Schedule is managed efficiently
- Assists Solar Department General Manager in managing all subcontractor relationships, vendors, and expectations
- Manages document and installation efficiency procedures to reduce installation timelines
- Ensures project feasibility, design, pipeline management, and financial analysis
- Creates and reviews project schedules
- Directs and manages multiple sites, crews, and subcontractors
- Interacts with customers to communicate their job progress and manage any concerns
- Assists Planning Technician, design management and construction to ensure operations will meet all contractual obligations/performance guarantees
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime; takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
- Assist in scheduling site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Work with other team members from initiation to completion of the project.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business and organizational planning.