The primary focus of a Project Administrator is to oversee and perform administrative functions concerned with customer projects. This may include contacting contractors, establishing billing requirements, insurance coverages and any builder specific contract requirements. This positions works closely with Estimators, Engineering, FOD and Field staff.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Upon contract approval by Villara, create and enter (book) project's contacts, billing rates, specifications, elevations, Title 24 information, and materials into SAP application system.
- Review builder's contract for language discrepancies. Verify insurance requirements and adequate coverage for project.
- Retain approval for contracts revisions, addendums, and change orders and store electronically
- Contact builders for revised contracts, change orders, addendums, and forms completion.
- Load billing materials (BOM) to project's lot and WBS elements level. Calculate and post billing points to each WBS elements. Verify billings points match purchase orders, prepare and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements for projects.
- Enter approved change orders; Create and maintain project folder file; update files and SAP database systems.
- Identify and maintain new construction project releases or homeowner options on builder websites and Supply Pro. Review billing requirements, notices and billing approvals.
- Maintain consistent daily productivity including booking and billing pace based on the day’s work load.
- Review and maintain Billing Due reports daily to identify aged TECO’s that have not been approved by the builder; follow up with builders for purchase orders.
- Create project folders; download all electronic documents: maintain any electronic files as necessary; scan and archive project record files.
- Attend project turnover meetings as required.
- Process project's liens releases upon final invoicing.
- Communicate with estimators, engineering, builders and other Villara staff as necessary.
- Work proficiently in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Do simple math: add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals, with or without a calculator.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephone, email and routine correspondence; Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Willingness to improve and contribute to continuous improvement by providing ideas and feedback to manager.
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Keep supervisor advised of any issues or ongoing problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a changing team
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture.
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions.
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work.
- Ability to organize and manage tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Uphold and self-manage the Villara CBO’s.
- Uphold the 5S method: Taking care of the workplace by following; Sort, straighten, shine, standard and sustain.
- Participate in and contribute to lean improvements activities; personally implementing small changes to improve productivity, performance and efficiency.
- Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
- Ability to lead from within the team, and to offer assistance and guidance to other team members.
- Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Dozuki Standard Work App.
- Computer skills including intermediate proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Construction or related knowledge. Preferred 2-3 years’ experience.
- Intermediate mathematics to solve problems.
- AA degree in Business Administration or 3-4 years equivalent experience.