The primary focus of a plumbing fabrication supervisor is to provide a high level of customer service to our field operations while meeting defined quality and on time performance standards. A fabrication supervisor must work safely while adapting to the changing needs of our business.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- The ability to plan and execute daily workload through manufacturing of plumbing parts.
- The ability to measure individual performance and develop people as needed; using business literacy and process design skills to train throughout the organization.
- Directly responsible for the overall readiness of manufacturing with focus on organizational development, reliability, leadership and employee training.
- Partner and assist in the implementation of quality assurance, continuous improvement and lean related programs.
- Develop and implement procedural guidelines ensuring product, process, supplier and new product development quality standards.
- Assessment and delivery of personal and employee training / learning needs assuring best practices and people capabilities.
- Required to interact successfully with internal partners and customers and as well as some supplier interaction
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing accurate feedback to the leadership team
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and shifts
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Committed to follow safety procedures
- All manufacturing workers are expected to communicate problems encountered as they pertain to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an evolving team
- Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
- Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Standard Works
- Hold a valid California Driver’s License
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Plumbing parts knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent