The Payroll Administrator is an entry-level position in the payroll department.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Load data from Apps Freedom into SAP.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Review edit list and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Print, stuff, and sort payroll checks by Personnel Area, Cost Center and Supervisors for distribution.
- Process manual and off-cycle checks.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Understand general payroll and/or accounting principles and record keeping functions
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Do simple math: add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals, with or without a calculator
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Willingness to improve and contribute to continuous improvement by providing ideas and feedback to manager.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a changing team
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture.
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions.
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work.
- Ability to organize and manage tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Uphold and self-manage the Villara CBO’s.
- Uphold the 5S method: Taking care of the workplace by following; Sort, straighten, shine, standard and sustain.
- Participate in and contribute to lean improvements activities; personally implementing small changes to improve productivity, performance and efficiency.
- Keep supervisor advised of any issues or ongoing problems.
- Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
- Ability to lead from within the team, and to offer assistance and guidance to other team members.
- Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Dozuki Standard Work App.
- Training is SAP is desired, but not required.
- Accounting background is desired.
- Computer skills including intermediate proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Construction or related knowledge. Preferred 2-3 years’ experience.
- Intermediate mathematics to solve problems.
- AA degree in Accounting or 3-4 years equivalent experience.