Under direct supervision of the Field Foreman, an HVAC Installer will assist in the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in single family new construction homes. Installations will be up to code and Villara’s exceptional quality standards. Applicants with little to no experience can learn on-the-job through our Advanced Learning Program.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Install vents, duct work (flex), plenum and registers in residential and apartment houses or buildings using hand and power tools according to code and established company procedures.
- Measure and cut sheet metal by using hand and power tools.
- Move materials from delivery area to installation area.
- Set and place forced air and A/C units.
- Assembles bags of pre-assembled air handling systems by taping, caulking and/or Panduit strapping at common attachment points according to plans.
- Clean up all debris on the job site and sweep up sawdust.
- Exercise caution when operating or using tools and equipment and follow safety procedures.
- Lean Principles including 5S
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Management.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
- Desire to learn and master all aspects of installing HVAC systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a changing team
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
- Desire to work with hands and to be outside
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Committed to follow safety procedures
- Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
- Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
- Prior construction or HVAC experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate of Apprenticeship Program is required for Journeyman