The A/P Specialist contributes to the overall quality output of the A/P department, including timely and accurate payment processing, reconciliations and reporting, building vendor relationships, working collaboratively with other departments and contributing to a positive work environment.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- A/P experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- 1-2 years for Level I
- 3-5 years for Level II
- 5-10 years for Level III (with some experience in a lead role)
- Intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Some experience working with a major ERP system, such as SAP or Oracle, is a plus.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying priority.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Self-leadership – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
- Assist with standard work development, improvement and sustainment.
- Aspire to do more than the listed duties, including recognizing and communicating abnormalities, identifying trends and making recommendations.
- Set a good example for fellow team members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is a plus for Levels II and III.
Working conditions and management style:
- The A/P department is staffed lean with tight daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Self-management is critical to success – arriving on time, staying on task, asking for assistance when needed etc.
- This position works closely with the HVAC Purchasing, Plumbing Purchasing and Receiving departments.
- Overtime is rarely required.