Diagnostic testing of the building envelope and HVAC system by use of a Duct Tester and/or other diagnostic tools in compliance with Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform Air Flow Testing of the HVAC system.
- Analyze, Diagnose and Correct problems.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures including Safety procedures.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer.
- Generate work orders, Record and log all applicable data.
- Make sure all the appropriate forms have been filled out completely and legibly.
- Determine target air flow.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Take corrective actions to seal all leaks.
- Determine fan watt measurement using formula based on size of unit.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
- Demonstrate initiative to complete assignments and obtain results
- Able to work independently and as part of a changing team
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
- Able to remain calm and handle stress well
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Committed to follow safety procedures
- Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
- Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
- EPA Refrigerant Certification (Universal or Type II)
- Self-Starter with the Ability to work Independent as well as in a team.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Insurable DMV Record
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read blueprints and charts
- Must be familiar with materials used in the process.
- Able to work at a fast pace
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Working conditions and management style:
- Subject to adverse weather conditions – extreme heat and cold
- Job sites can be loud and dusty
- Able to use basic hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to travel from job site to job site
- Must be able to transport tools and a ladder to multiple job sites
- Must be able to ascend ladders to heights of eight feet or higher, and descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs and inclined surfaces.
- Able to work in high areas including rafters and roofs.
- Able to exert physical strength necessary to move objects weighing eighty plus pounds from one level to another.
- Percentage of time spent in field, traveling, in meetings, etc. (varies)
- Installers and Tradesman use a Field Skills Matrix to meet job goals and expectations – review with supervisor
- All Villara employees are expected to work well with other team members, sub-contractors, and customers
- Meeting deadlines as outlined by supervisor (bid times)
- Showing up every day and on-time
- Taking appropriate time for rest and meal breaks
- No personal phone calls unless emergency
- Complete timecards daily
- Meeting Lean requirements