Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform thorough and accurate takeoff of all items, including but not limited to materials and hardware.
- Use estimating software to produce takeoff when necessary, and to communicate inclusions/exclusions to LB staff and the General Contractor.
- Quantify number of hours needed to complete scope of work.
- Determine installation schemes to establish crew size and durations.
- Evaluate all contract documents including all bid drawings, specifications, general conditions, and if necessary, the project site.
- Determine scope of work, and where scope is vague generate questions to qualify scope.
- Prepare complete, well organized, and detailed estimate including job specific excludes.
- Communicate with general contractors and clients to determine exact needs and scope of work.
- Obtain and qualify pricing from vendors to complete assigned scope of work.
- Prepare detailed budgets.
- Use historical data to update rates, material costs, labor, and construction equipment databases to keep them current.
- Participate in pre-construction phase of projects to help sell and finalize project budgeting which includes development of alternatives, constructability evaluations, and value engineering.
- Prepare complete and detailed bid packages for projects being handed off to production.
- Read, understand, and adhere to the companies Purpose, Personality, and Plan.
- Estimates material and labor costs for manufacturing projects in response to requests for proposals.
- Calculates costs based on analysis of project specifications and uses data to inform future project estimates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with other members of the Estimating team to prepare compete scope packages for clients.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness.
- Possess a professional and service minded demeanor with excellent oral and written communication skills needed to effectively interact with subcontractors, owners, owner reps, architects, during the pre-construction phase of projects.
- At time of award, ability to effectively present projects a whole to the production team including highlighting all aspects of the projects scope and logistics.
- Ability to read construction plans required.
- Must be self-directed requiring minimal supervision and well organized.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-director and well organized.
- General understanding of Steel Construction, including materials, methods, and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Experience with Adobe preferred
- Requires the ability to sit and work at computer for long periods of time as expected in most office related positions.
- Some of the time may be spent in the production area or on jobsites.
- Ability to lift 20 Lbs.