Responsible for pick-up and delivery of many types of equipment to job sites. Some equipment may be large in size. May drive the following: Rack truck, ramp truck, or trailer.
● Responsible for the safe and accurate loading and unloading of heavy equipment to and from project locations in an effective and efficient manner.
● May orient the project on the equipment operation.
● Make deliveries and pick-ups in a timely manner.
● Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
● Positions blocks and tie rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
● Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
● May prepare receipts for load picked up.
● Safely move and position inventory, supplies, and equipment and determine when the load is properly balanced, tied down, and flagged in accordance with company policy, state, and federal regulations
● Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle and report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Maintenance Manager and supervisor.
● Maintain safety checklist, trip reports, and other required paperwork according to company policy, state, and federal regulations.
● May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
● Maintain excellent customer service skills by interacting in a cooperative, positive, and professional manner.
● Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
● Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
● Posses the proper state required driver’s license (Class C or B) and successfully pass DMV audits.
● Able to read instructions, numbers, and write legibly.
● Plan work.
● Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects.
● Experience in the movement of construction equipment.
● Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
● Operate Skid Steers “Bob Cat”, Excavator, Small equipment.