The primary responsibility of the Quality Control Technician is to insure quality installation of all products and make repairs and replacements prior to homeowner taking possession of home.
- Inspect installation work, complete punch lists and insure home is prepared for occupancy by new homeowner
- Perform grout touch ups, caulking, cleaning, repairs caused by trade abuse, material deliveries and obtain required sign off signatures on paperwork
- Insure crew workers complete work with 100% accuracy initially to avoid complaints, to assure repeat/new business and avoid material costs to repair/replace products/materials
- Insure installations are done accurately the first time to avoid material costs to repair/revise, etc.
- Load product/materials onto appropriate equipment for processing
- Know, understand and comply with all SWPPP, OSHA and IIPP policies and procedures
- All other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND one year related experience and/or training
- Bilingual experience preferred but not required (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of all available products used by the company as it relates to product installation
- Billing with in service department-quotes prices, cost analysis and initiate billing
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors in a professional and courteous manner
- Identifying reoccurring issues in production that lead to service items and work with production team to mitigate those items
- Work with all departments within the company to minimize issues arising in service
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds. Materials such as tile, carpet padding and/or boxes of hardwood.
- Ability to drive a vehicle, visit customers and job sites, use computer equipment, as well as verbal communication