The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Technician will be responsible for providing excellent customer service regarding warranty repair or installation of products. Our Customer Service Technicians make repairs for all flooring including carpet, vinyl, tile and more.
Each Technician is responsible for making repairs in a timely manner and providing excellent customer service to the homeowner requesting the repair. Our technicians partner with our coordinators who help provide information prior to the repair, order the material and schedule their appointments.
We are looking for individuals with flooring & construction experience.
Join a great team
- We partner with builders to help repair Flooring and deliver exceptional service based on our local market scale and relationships.
- We empower our onsite field teams with advanced mobile technology that makes them more efficient and greater empowered to service the builder with all the needed information while at the home.
- Become experienced in skilled trades of all things flooring.
- Notified of complaints regarding warranty repair issues and/or product or installation of product
- Investigate or inspect deficiencies or problems to determine what is necessary to resolve the problem and fix it
- Completes repairs on wood, tile, vinyl, hardwood, laminate and carpet, etc.
- Ensure appropriate materials in proper amounts are used to make repairs
- Responsible for making warranty repairs timely; meeting customer expectations
- Prepare, maintain and submit all signed work orders
- Load product/materials onto appropriate equipment for processing
- Set up and operate required power equipment, e.g. tile saw, vacuum, grinder, etc.
- Know, understand and comply with all SWPPP, OSHA and IIPP policies and procedures
- All other job duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual experience preferred but not required (English/Spanish)
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and vehicle insurance as required by California Law
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with builders, vendors, subordinates and co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, address and resolve problem areas, conflicts and issues; strong decision making skills
- Organizational skills to insure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information associated with the ordering and production process
- Working knowledge of internet, inventory, project management, spreadsheet and word process software and order processing systems
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, speak clearly and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance and peripheral.
- Ability to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Ability to work extended hours if needed.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Work performed on local home builder construction jobsites and in owner occupied homes.
- Driving in the Field to appointments.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.