Tim Lewis Communities is a homebuilder with more than 30 years of experience crafting homes of solid value and exceptional appeal for hundreds of satisfied homeowners.
We are currently seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager with 4+ years’ experience. Experience working in homebuilder/construction industry is a plus.
Successful applicant will possess the following experience and skills:
Under limited supervision, directly responsible for all facets of Human Resources including recruiting, new hires, terminations, performance reviews, employee relations, workers compensation and other general office management duties. Reports to CFO.
- Recruiting: Create job descriptions and partner with managers for edits and updates. Recruit for full-time and temporary employees through staffing agencies and internet sites. Pre-screen resumes and interview candidates by phone when required. Schedule interviews and administer Caliper Profile Assessments. Conduct reference checks. Obtain approval from Executive Management. Draft offer letters and salesperson agreements. Extend verbal and written offers of employment.
- New Hires: Conduct new hire process including pre-employment drug testing and background checks. Request IT new hire set-up for email address, domain and Office 365 login. Order shirts for field employees. Order of business cards, home depot cards, building fobs and alarm codes as needed. Schedule new hire orientation/training with hiring Manager. Schedule and conduct ADP Workforce Now timecard and time off request training. Meet with new hire on first day to complete new hire paperwork and explain general company policies. Submit new hire paperwork to payroll department for entry into ADP. Email company-wide new hire introduction.
- Terminations: Collect resignation letter from employee, schedule exit interview, notify payroll department of termination date to prepare final paycheck. Prepare separation paperwork. Conduct exit interview and provide exit interview to Manager, CFO, and President for review. Collect company assigned equipment, keys and fob.
- Performance Reviews: Manage annual performance review and merit increase process to ensure managers complete their reviews using Performance Pro. Read drafts of reviews written by managers and recommend changes and edits. Ensure managers and employees complete e-signature of review. Troubleshoot Manager and Employee questions and systems issues in Performance Pro as needed.
- Benefits: Manage open enrollment process with benefits broker Analyze plan design changes and cost differences for new plan year and make recommendations to CFO for changes to plan and employee cost-sharing scenarios. Administer benefits and ensure all enrollments for open enrollment and new hires are complete via Ease software. Follow-up with employees to ensure 100% completion of enrollment or waiving. Notify benefits broker of qualifying event changes and termination of employee coverage and COBRA rights offered. Answer benefit related questions from employees; contact Benefits Broker as needed for escalated issues. Reconcile benefits invoices and work with carriers and accounting department regarding billing discrepancies.
- Workers Compensation & Safety: Take report of work-related injury, ensure Manager and Employee complete incident reports, investigate injury and cause as needed and recommend corrections for safety violations. Schedule appointment for employee at nearest medical facility or hospital contracted with MPN and send employee medical treatment authorization form. Report injury to workers compensation insurance company. Provide state required forms to employees and insurance companies. Administer modified work duty with Manager and coordinate until full-duty release. Draft, maintain, and post OSHA-300 Logs for each site. Maintain Safety Boards at each Construction Site, to include updated Medical locations for MPN and updates to IIPP.
- Employee Relations and Employment Law: Advise Managers on counseling employees to ensure compliance with company policy, state and federal regulations. Conduct investigations and document thoroughly. Notify and gain approval from CFO of employee relations actions and recommended disciplinary action, if applicable. Work with Manager for drafting and presenting verbal warnings, written warnings, and terminations.
- Leave of Absence Administration: Respond to and maintain FMLA/CFRA, PDL, Military Leave, Personal Leave and other Leave of Absence processes. Ensure proper designation and notification to employees. Communicate with managers and payroll. Monitor leave of absence and benefits premium collections.
- Respond and advise on COVID-19 concerns for employees, managers, and vendors/trades utilizing most recent CDC, CA Public Department of Health, and OSHA guidelines. Track time off and information gathered for documentation purposes. Inform Managers of time off work and duration.
- Payroll: Review payroll processing and approve on a bi-weekly basis. Act as back-up to payroll processing. Cut manual payroll checks if needed.
- Commissions: Review and audit commissions calculated by payroll, Act as back-up to payroll for commissions calculations and processing.
- Bonuses: Review and audit quarterly field bonuses and incentives for payroll processing purposes. Act as back-up to payroll for bonus calculations and processing.
- Compensation analysis
- Track unscheduled absences for ADP payroll purposes: If employee calls in stating they’re out for the day, track unscheduled PTO in payroll file for payroll department to confirm time off request is entered into ADP.
- Maintain and update Salesperson Agreement Templates and Bonus/Incentive Program templates.
- Training – administer online trainings for Harassment Prevention for employees and managers, OSHA-10 and CPR Trainings, and other training programs and track completion and renewal dates.
- Maintain Organization Chart
- Turnover Analysis – conduct on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain Safety Boards at each Construction Site, to include updated Medical locations for MPN and updates to IIPP.
- Invoice Reconciliation: Confirm and sign-off (approve) all HR and benefits related invoices.
- Other: Perform verbal and written employment verifications on current and past employees if payroll department is not available. Email and post monthly birthday and anniversary announcements. Administer employee recognition program.
- Update Employee Handbook
- Must be proficient in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
Come join a successful and growing company with a team of dedicated professionals! Tim Lewis Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by submitting resume.
Medical, dental, vision, pre-tax FSA, life insurance, 401k, PTO