Description: As leaders in the building systems industry, Villara is currently seeking a part-time entry-level Graphic Design Intern to join our marketing team. The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible in assisting the Senior Graphic Designer in all department related projects. Responsibilities include layout designing, creating digital assets, maintaining the day by day assignments, preparing files for print, assist in photography and filming projects, assist in managing website, as well as some assisting other departments in marketing related project. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who is eager to ask questions, maintains professionalism to cooperate with interdepartmental colleagues, and receives feedback and direction with a positive attitude. Ideal candidate also should have a strong knowledge of PC, Adobe Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Knowledge of Word and Excel is also necessary. This ideal position is for a recent graduate or a college student who is looking to start their career in the marketing and/or Design industry. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Collaborates with Marketing Team and interdepartmental teams, and/or other project participants to understand project assignment.
- Creates unique visuals that communicate within our branding guideline.
- Demonstrated ability in careful choosing of type, color, imagery, and layout.
- Prepares works/samples of design work for review.
- Open to collaborative feedback process.
- Assist the marketing team, vice-president, and/or other team members as needed on complex or specialized projects.
- Prepares print orders and assembly instructions on notification.
- Assist in the editing of photos, InDesign files for departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or in progress; major or significant coursework in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred
- At least 0-1 years of related work experience highly preferred
- Experience designing within Wordpress platform and content management systems (e.g. Others) is a plus
- Knowledge of social media usage
- Print knowledge is required
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Video editing is a plus
- A portfolio that supports your skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in PC, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on an assignment
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
Interested candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, a resume, and a printed portfolio or an online portfolio. Social media is encouraged but not required. 2 month temporary position with the opportunity of becoming permanent.