The BIA is looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of our Association. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Occupy the front desk and perform receptionist duties, greeting member and visitor walk-ins and answering phone calls.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Assist Accounting in creating and updating records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Manage the calendar for Boardroom and Conference room meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of office and kitchen supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Keep kitchen, supply room, and general office common areas tidy and occasionally spot clean, if necessary.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, members, and colleagues
- Perform other tasks and routines, as requested.
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant, or in another relevant administrative role
- Maintain professional appearance and manner
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office