The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Technician will be to provide excellent customer service while conducting inspections, warranty repairs and installation of products.
- Provide high level customer service while visiting home owner occupied properties to investigate issues with installed products
- High Energy and positive demeanor required.
- Be able to handle stressful situations.
- High organizational skills and time management a must to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate clearly to all necessary parties.
- Must be comfortable with schedule changes on short notice.
- Document concerns regarding warranty repairs, product defect and/ or installation issues.
- Inspect issues to determine what material and labor are necessary to resolve the problem.
- Complete various repairs on cabinets: adjust doors and drawers, install crown molding, light rail and other trim material, cut and install interior and exterior skins.
- Perform surface repair and color touch ups, putty nail holes, repair trade abuse, use aerosol sprays and solvents.
- Completes repairs on wood, tile, vinyl, hardwood, laminate, carpet, etc.
- Must be open to cross train on repairs over other trades.
- Must be open to help other warranty technicians when schedule allows.
- Ensure appropriate materials are used to make repairs and quality standards are upheld.
- Responsible for making warranty repairs within a designated timeframe and meeting customer expectations.
- Document and photograph action items, submit all signed work orders in a timely manner.
- Must be able to Set up and operate required power equipment, e.g. Table saw, mitre saw, circular saw, Air compressor and brad nailers, vacuum, caulk, etc.
- Know, understand and comply with all SWPPP, OSHA and IIPP policies and procedures.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual experience preferred but not required (English/Spanish).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public.
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with builders, vendors, subordinates and co-workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, address and resolve problem areas, conflicts and issues; strong decision making skills.
- Organizational skills to insure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information associated with the ordering and production process.
- Working knowledge of internet, inventory, project management, spreadsheet and word process software and order processing systems.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.