Fusion Sign and Design focuses on providing clients a comprehensive solution to meet their marketing and signage needs. From architects to builders, and to businesses, we pride ourselves in delivering professional expertise locally and throughout the west coast. The key to that success is our team of highly qualified individuals.
This position is responsible for developing cost estimates, development and construction schedules ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed working cost estimates, based on the latest available costing methodology and data, and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by the Client, Project Manager, and project team.
- Prepare development and construction capital cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare production operating cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare development and construction schedules based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Assist Project Managers and project team in developing work breakdown structures
- Assist Project Managers in decisions on development and/or construction approaches or methods based on information available.
- Prepare project phase expenditure schedules.
- Participate in project economic evaluations.
- Assist in other areas required to deliver a quality product on schedule and on budget.
- Relevant training and/or certification with a project cost estimating department or organization and 3-5 years experience working in a similar capacity.
- The position requires experience with preparing construction and development cost estimates.
- The position must have competence with analysis, numeration, research, and the use of spreadsheet and scheduling software (minimum requirement is proficiency in Excel, MSProject) and experience with data-base cost estimating software.
- This position must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and posses above average written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work well in a team environment is also essential for this position.