Primarily responsibility is in database management with administrative duties to support executive management (President & CEO and Vice President) and the Member Services Department.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Member Services. The Member Services Assistant should have pride in ownership and accountability, be outgoing and self-driven, be resourceful and be a master communicator.
The Member Services Assistant participates in the strategic goals of the BIA, with particular focus on membership and events. The position is responsible for collaborating with the Vice President in helping to streamline and develop association events and membership opportunities that encourage growth of the membership.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Database Administration
- Maintain database, ensuring accuracy and integrity
- Crossreference NAHB WMS database
- Coordinate with CBIA monthly membership reporting
- Determine paths towards auto-billing
- Generate monthly reports and other reports as needed
- Generate invoices and manage mailings
- Implement efficiencies in monthly processes
- Membership Support
- Develop a thorough understanding of the value proposition of BIA membership and articulate to prospective members.
- Follow up with prospective members to encourage joining the BIA
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the BIA and its various programs and services
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current members and prospective members.
- Work with Vice President on strategies to increase membership and member participation
- Administrative Support
- Calendar management in MS Outlook and in database
- Conference and Travel arrangements to include event registrations, airline and hotel reservations, dining reservations, etc.
- Meeting preparation to include agenda packets, meeting notices, meeting room set up and clean up, etc.
- Coordinate catering for various in-office events and meetings
- File coordination, in particular e-file system
- Creation of reports, letters, check requests, documents – weekly, monthly and upon request or as needed
- Implement New Member Onboarding Schedule and Renewal/Retention Schedule, which may include mailings, emails, certificate creation and phone calls
- Maintain budgets and events accounting
- Maintain and order event supplies and promotional materials
- Attend monthly Membership Council meetings to take meeting notes and support their goals
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
- Other Responsibilities
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports and presentations
- Prepare all check requests for bills/invoices for Vice President approval and ensure timely sending of payments
- Maintain workspace in a presentable and professional appearance
- Additional duties as needed or assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to engage and act in the best interests of the organization by aligning responsibilities and tasks with strategic goals and members' needs
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and problem solver
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and roles and work effectively, independently, and efficiently with tight time constraints
- Creative, innovative and able to be pro-active
- Ability to identify, understand, and provide corrective alternatives for issues and problems of a more complex nature.
- Ability to adjust program priorities based on changing work environment and deadlines
- Exceptional customer service and prompt communication with staff and member inquiries and needs
- Presents self in a professional manner and appropriate dress attire
- Excellent phone and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Position requires occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Some College (Preferred)
- $18/hr, 40 hours/week, M-F, 8am-5pm
- Health benefits, 401k, PTO, Birthday off
- Great office and organizational culture
- Performance review at year end, then annually
Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 27.
Interviews will be scheduled for July 30 and July 31.