In this role, the individual will be responsible for maintaining, diagnosing and servicing residential homeowner’s HVAC systems.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Maintain, diagnose and correct problems throughout the entire HVAC system.
- Perform all of the low voltage wiring for the indoor and outdoor unit
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment
- Start up the furnace for the first time to burn all of the manufactures oil off
- Add the proper charge to the A/C once started up
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and –water solution
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools
- Recommend, develop and perform general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer.
- Excellent communication skills with supers an home owners
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagram, using electrician’s hand tools
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves and dampers while following blueprints
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Fabricate, assemble and install duct work and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Reliable Transportation
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
- Demonstrate initiative to complete assignments and obtain results
- Able to work independently and as part of a changing team
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
- Able to remain calm and handle stress well
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Committed to follow safety procedures
- Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
- Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
- 2-5 years of HVAC warranty experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification (Universal or Type II)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Insurable DMV Record
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical knowledge, technical procedures, and government regulations and codes
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and charts and designs
- Prior construction experience is a A +
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and work at a fast pace
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical school graduate preferred
Working conditions and management style:
- Subject to adverse weather conditions – extreme heat and cold
- Job sites can be loud and dusty
- Able to use basic hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to travel from job site to job site
- Must be able to transport tools and a ladder to multiple job sites
- Must be able to ascend ladders to heights of eight feet or higher, and descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs and inclined surfaces.
- Able to work in high areas including rafters and roofs.
- Able to exert physical strength necessary to move objects weighing eighty plus ponds from one level to another.
Villara is considered an essential business and is meeting all COVID-19 safety requirements.