Reports to: Vice-President of Construction
Key Interfaces: Division President, Superintendents, Sales Agents
Internal Staff: None
External Relationships: Sub-Contractors, Consultants, Architects and Vendors
Educational Background: Coursework or graduation from accredited college or university at the Bachelor of Arts level. Three years’ experience in residential construction. One year contract administration required. Must be adept in oral, written, and computer communication. Education requirement may be waived by substantial on the job experience. Experience with NewStar is required.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change, at any time, due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
§ Normal exposure to weather and temperature extremes usually found in office environments and outside ambient exposures.
§ Normal amount of overtime or extended hours required
§ Normal physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
§ Normal physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
§ Normal physical strength, associated with this job, to handle routine materials and tools.
§ Normal physical strength to handle 25-pound objects.
§ Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
§ Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
§ Above average endurance.
§ Specific vision abilities include color vision.
1. Solicitation of new vendors.
2. Preparation of project specific bid packages.
3. Creation of project specific product specifications.
4. Creation of project specific option selection packages, and gathering pricing once vendors are selected.
5. Compilation of bid spreadsheets.
6. Review all documentation for accuracy.
7. Document requests from vendors including insurance requirements, lien releases, company information sheet and sequences sheets.
8. Create new contracts, change orders, and backcharges in NewStar.
9. Creation of OnLocation schedule templates in NewStar.
10. Create new contract files for active projects and due diligence projects.
11. Receive and process change orders and purchase orders from Trades; get them executed and mail copies of contracts, change orders and purchase orders back to Trades.
12. Follow up on contracts and other documentation that have not been fully executed by drafting memos or making phone calls.
13. Inputs and monitors all Wrap projects and insurance certificates with Sure Track and Wrap-Up Resources, LLC.
14. Files all contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and any other relevant correspondence.
15. Create options catalogs.
16. Enter and process options for active projects.
17. Assists in miscellaneous projects / tasks as required.
18. Help develop general and project specific spec lists.
19. Help obtain information and contribute to the development of general and project specific options programs.
Application Knowledge: A comprehensive knowledge of Newstar Constellation and Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills are a must. Thorough knowledge of residential construction process is mandatory.
Position Overview: The Purchasing Coordinator reports directly to the Vice-President of Construction. The position is responsible for contracts, change orders, purchase orders and options. Three years’ experience in residential construction. One year contract administration required.