Primary responsibility is to ensure that all required raw materials are ordered as to size, type, color, style, design and amount to facilitate the installation process by performing the following duties. We are looking for candidates with experience in ordering, purchasing, construction and customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions, as defined by the ADA, except for those that begin with the word "May.")
- Compare color selection sheets to floor plans and diagrams and verify proper quantities of raw materials have been requested utilizing Order Books.
- Order materials from approved vendor and verify their receipt; order materials for customer service warranty box.
- Complete order forms, prepare purchase orders, compile information for crewleaders/workers, drivers, quality control, Area/Production Managers and accounting.
- Inform warehouse staff of delivery dates or back order status of materials ordered for jobs.
- Coordinate with General Manager to maintain pricing and product in RFMS.
- Coordinate with salespeople to facilitate model home ordering, complete model home discount forms, review orders for completeness and accuracy, order shorts and type deficiency reports, maintain electronic folders and assist customer service personnel as assigned.
- Communicate with Production, Sales, Design Center, and Warehouse staff to avert problems
- Take all required breaks and lunch periods and record daily and accurately on time card as required by law and Company policy and procedure.
- Attend all required meetings and training
- Practice proper safety protocol and utilize proper safety equipment
- Know, understand and comply with all OSHA and IIPP requirements, policies and procedures.
- Regular and predictable work attendance is an essential function of the job.
- All other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all available products used by the Company as it relates to product installation
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret safety rules, policy and procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public.
- Has verbal and written articulation skills to disseminate information in an understandable format; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to utilize intermediate math skills to compute and determine accurate square footage, yardage, linear feet, circumference, area, etc., and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages, using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to coordinate the ordering of appropriate materials and understand blueprints relating to design.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with builders, vendors, subordinates and co-workers. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, address and resolve problem areas, conflicts and issues; Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Organizational skills to insure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information associated with the ordering and production process.
- Self-management skills to insure that all required daily activities are completing in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan of action.
- Working knowledge of internet, inventory, project management, spreadsheet and word process software and order processing systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
At Interior Logic Group, we know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We empower our associates to be successful by promoting diversity and teamwork, providing opportunities for growth, and treating each other with dignity and respect. With over 200+ locations, we are always looking for motivated individuals that are excited about jump starting their careers in a rapidly growing industry. If you value opportunities to grow from within, enjoy great benefits and appreciate a healthy work-life balance, then there is a place for you here.
Who are we?
Interior Logic Group is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of interior finishes installation and design studio services, committed to our customer’s satisfaction during the home building process. We partner with builders to provide and install flooring, countertops and cabinets, and deliver exceptional service based on our local market scale and relationships. In addition to our homebuilder solutions, we are also a valued provider of supply chain management and installation services for a broad range of multifamily, commercial and repair and remodel customers.
At ILG we strive to be the best. How do we do this?
Our mission is to create a passionate environment that allows us to reach our full potential. Our values are
Deep & trusting relationships
Nimble local teams
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Alfac Insurance, H.S.A, F.S.A savings accounts, commuter plans and much more!
Paid holiday and floating holiday
Paid Sick and Vacation time off
401k with company match
Team employee discount
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off