Position Highlights: Prepare financial and operational forecasting, reporting and analyses, managing land development budgeting, contracting and cost accounting and various accounting-related and administrative responsibilities.
- Utilize knowledge of the division/brand to prepare financial analysis on key operating results.
- Prepare month end variance analysis on financial results.
- Design, create and deliver timely and accurately standard periodic reporting and ad-hoc reporting on various operational and financial metrics, providing analysis and interpretation as required.
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to asset reclassifications and project cost allocations.
- Monitor and investigate gross margin variances/trends of backlog and closed homes.
- Develop and track key operational and financial performance metrics against the company’s strategic objectives.
- Monthly review of detail budgeted job and direct costs versus actual performance. Suggest changes to project level budgets based on cost-to-complete assumptions.
- Assist the development of all aspects of the annual financial plan by working with managers cross-functionally within Sales/Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Operations and Land teams, as necessary.
- Assist in developing the quarterly re-forecast projected results.
- Analyze current and historical financial results, perform variance analysis of key metrics, identify trends and recommend actions.
- Assists Division President and/or Division Management team with special projects related to profitability, business planning and decision making.
- Reviews financial performance against the business plan and and original underwriting assumptions in order to identify improvement opportunities and market trends.
- Support Division President and Division Management Team in weekly pricing review (monthly base price and incentives review, spec pricing, new price releases, etc.) as well as maintenance of pricing file.
- Assist in various efforts to improve the efficiency surrounding the data collection and reporting by developing automated processes and applications.
- Monitor key performance indicators specific to individual departments and provide high impact analysis to department managers.
- Create financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, identifying trends, risks and potential areas for improvement.
- Analyze trends in ‘extra’ construction spend on individual lots during and after close of escrow.
- Assist Land Acquisition team with underwriting activities and proforma analysis on all potential land deals.
- Ad-hoc duties and special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- A minimum of 3 years of successful experience in a Financial Analyst position or other related field. Recent MBA graduate.
- Experience in financial reporting, data analysis, report writing and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking ability.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to create financial models.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX.
- Knowledge of Real Estate industry/terminology.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, SalesForce, Hyphen Solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and highly analytical.
- Desire to utilize analytical skills in order to use the data to tell a story.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence cross-functional teamsAbility to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- TRI Pointe Homes is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- TRI Pointe Homes was honored with five 2018 Eliant Homebuyers’ Choice Awards including a No.1 ranking from surveyed home buyers for First Year Customer Service Experience for the third consecutive year.
- TRI Pointe Homes was recognized as 2016 Builder of the Year by Builder and Developer magazine.
- TRI Pointe Homes Northern California designs, constructs, and sells single-family homes and condominiums.
- Founded on more than a century of real estate industry experience, the company focuses on building quality, master-planned and urban infill communities throughout Northern California. Committed to insightful design and superior craftsmanship, the company is setting a new standard in home building and customer experience.
For more information, please visit www.TriPointeHomes.com/Northern-California.