This Forward Planner/Project Manager is responsible for managing land assets from project inception through securing of entitlements and construction drawings ready for field construction. This includes the ability to conduct technical feasibilities, secure necessary engineering plans, permits and other governmental or quasi-governmental approvals needed to develop lots and build houses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acquisition Due Diligence
- Research and prepare fee &tech and development budgets for new properties
- Develop project timelines for new community openings
- Review, analyze, and summarize all risks, i.e.; environmental, political, entitlement, engineering, and/or development related
Land Entitlement and Government Approvals
- Review and processing of tentative maps, zone changes, final maps, civil engineering plans, applications, Formations, Annexations, architectural permits, DRE approvals, environmental approvals. Work with staff and elected bodies to manage approval process
Final Engineering and Forward Planning Consultants
- Contract and manage team of consultants which will likely include;civil engineer, landscape architect, land use attorneys, dry utility consultant, title company, environmental consultants and geotechnical engineers.
- Prepare and process all conceptual and construction drawings for project architectural product through staff and public hearings (as needed)
- Responsible to prepare and maintain fee & tech and development budgets and communicate budget status as needed to Division Finance and NAPA personnel
- Bachelor’sDegree required (Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, Construction Management or similar discipline)
- Sr. Forward Planner / Sr. Project Manager: 5+years prior experience in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Public Planning and/or Forward Planning with a familiarity in dealing with Governmental Agencies and Project Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in efficient and accurate manner
- Solid understanding of Civil Engineering and Land Development Principles
- A complete understanding of fundamental Real Estate and Urban planning concepts
- Consistently shows attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task and complete tasks within a scheduled timeframe
- Computer skills are a necessity (Excel, Microsoft Project)
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.