Villara is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Collector to work as part of Villara’s Accounts Receivable team, this person will assume primary responsibility for Villara’s business to business collections.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- This team member will pursue strong relationships with Villara’s homebuilder and general contractor customers and will initiate frequent telephone communication with key people at those customers to proactively identify invoices that are at risk for not being paid timely, troubleshoot with the customer what issues may delay payment, and work collaboratively within Villara to resolve those issues and obtain timely payment.
- In addition to constant telephone and email communication with customers and daily collaboration with other departments within Villara, the Accounts Receivable Collector produces financial, statistical, and narrative reporting for the management team, detailing the payment status of all customers, documenting responses from customers on any overdue payments, and tracking of mechanic lien rights expiration dates. If needed, the Accounts Receivable Collector will also prepare and arrange for recording of mechanics liens.
To qualify, ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Outstanding relationship skills with a strong ability to connect with others and gain trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective telephone communication
- Superb initiative, follow-through, trouble-shooting, and persistence
- 5+ years of construction Accounts Receivable/Collections experience, including filing mechanic liens, with a proven record of effectiveness in collecting amounts due
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/Word), excellent keyboarding speed and accuracy, and good overall effectiveness with Microsoft Windows and Windows-based programs. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Effective attention to detail, multi-tasking ability, and strong organizational skills.
- Customer service experience.